In addition to an improved Annual Meeting website and an enhanced registration site, the ANESTHESIOLOGYTM 2013 annual meeting will feature many advanced technological services. New technology will make it easier for you to plan and organize your time in San Francisco and fulfill your individual meeting objectives, as well as enhance your overall attendee experience.
ASA’s mobile technology for smartphones and tablets at the ANESTHESIOLOGYTM 2013 annual meeting will streamline and improve your experience at the meeting, giving you easy access to all the essential educational content and logistical information. With our mobile technology, you can:
- View the meeting schedule and detailed session information with ease
- Use social media accounts to enhance your mobile experience and networking opportunities
- Search sessions by date, keyword, presenter, learning track or session category
- Stay informed on important information about the meeting and “can’t miss” sessions though notifications and real-time alerts
- Download available session documents and handouts
- Access your own personalized itinerary with the ability to add additional appointments and free sessions
- Access the mobile-friendly meeting registration site
- Engage in discussions and send messages directly to other attendees
- Search for exhibitors, browse the floor plan and schedule appointments with exhibiting companies
- Evaluate sessions and provide meeting feedback using survey and polling features
- Access and view the ePosters website
- Navigate the meeting using maps and other tools.
In conjunction with the mobile meeting app, ASA has added an online community to this year’s annual meeting offerings. The ANESTHESIOLOGYTM 2013 annual meeting online community will allow you to:
- View the profiles and interests of the other attendees
- Discover which contacts from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are also attending
- Build a personalized schedule of sessions to attend
- Download handouts and other materials
- Schedule 1:1 meetings with other attendees
- Join conversations we’re having about topics critical to anesthesia.
Upon registering for the meeting, attendees will receive an email inviting them to join the annual meeting online community. Don’t miss out on this chance to connect with your colleagues, maximize your networking opportunities, and organize your time in San Francisco. Join the ANESTHESIOLOGYTM 2013 annual meeting online com-munity by registering at www.anesthesiology2013.org.
Be sure to take part in our audience response sessions this year, where we will be using new technology via smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices to enrich the educational content and provide you with a more interactive meeting experience. Audience response sessions will once again include the Clinical Forums, Point/Counterpoint Sessions, and selected Refresher Course Lectures and Panels.
Digital signage will be used throughout all three buildings of the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco to help you navigate the meeting and inform you of important sessions and events throughout the ANESTHESIOLOGYTM 2013 annual meeting.
ASA will be expanding to 100-percent use of ePosters in 2013 for scientific abstracts and Medically Challenging Cases. All poster discussions and poster sessions will be presented using an electronic format on large, high-definition monitors. The posters and Medically Challenging Cases will also be available for viewing on demand on HD monitors located throughout the convention center.
To accommodate the expanded technological offerings at the ANESTHESIOLGYTM 2013 annual meeting, WiFi will be available in all public spaces and meeting rooms throughout all three buildings of the Moscone Center.
ASA’s enhanced technological services at the ANESTHESIOLOGYTM 2013 annual meeting will provide you with a streamlined meeting experience, allowing you to use your time more efficiently, interact and collaborate more effectively with your colleagues, and gather and organize your materials in a way that suits your individual needs. Please let us know your thoughts on the meeting’s online community discussion board! Sign up by registering for the ANESTHESIOLOGYTM 2013 annual meeting at www.ANESTHESIOLOGY2013.org.