Medical Student Governing Council Leadership Opportunities
We would like to extend an invitation to all ASA Medical Student Component Members to apply for the ASA Governing Council Officer positions for the upcoming year. All interested medical students are encouraged to apply.
Available positions include:
- Chair-Elect (first- and second-year students only)
- Member at Large
- Senior Advisor (fourth-year students only)
- Alternate Medical Student Delegate to AMA
All applicants must be ASA members from accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical schools in the United States. We encourage all applicants to attend ANESTHESIOLOGY 2013, this year's annual meeting.
Officer duties include:
- Attendance at the ASA Medical Student Component House of Delegates Meeting (in conjunction with the ASA annual meeting)
- Attendance at the ASA Medical Student Component Governing Council Meetings (twice per year)
- A one-year term beginning at the conclusion of ANESTHESIOLOGY 2013
- All interested candidates should complete the application including a personal statement (not more than 500 words) indicating why he/she wants to be an ASA Governing Council Officer, a current curriculum vitae and one letter of reference (two letters of reference for Chair-Elect). All application materials are due by Friday, September 20, 2013. Email all applications to email@example.com.
Governing Council Members for the 2013-2014 term will be determined by the ASA Medical Student Delegation at ANESTHESIOLOGY 2013 on Saturday, October 12, 2013.
Daniel A. Hansen, Chair
Chad R. Green, Chair-Elect
Rachel Wood, Secretary
D. Craig Barnette, II, Member at Large
Dennis B. Thapa, Senior Advisor
Allen P. Miraflor, MSC Alternate
Bradford Cardonell, AMA Delegate
Jamie Sparling, AMA Alternate Delegate