Nicholas Greene, M.D. Award for Outstanding Humanitarian Contribution - Accepting Nominations
The ASA Nicholas Greene, M.D. Award for Outstanding Humanitarian Contribution will be awarded annually to the ASA member who meets one or more of the criteria, is nominated by a peer or colleague and selected by the Committee on Global Humanitarian Outreach.
- ASA Member with a long term commitment to humanitarian aid and disaster relief within the U.S. (or their country of origin) or internationally
- ASA Member who has contributed to international anesthesia education and training in low income countries
- ASA Member who has made a substantial contribution to the humanitarian aid and disaster relief literature within anesthesia or otherwise
- ASA Member who has made a unique sacrifice to serve others in their community, in the U.S. (or their country of origin) or internationally
- ASA Member who has contributed to the humanitarian aid and disaster relief community through innovation, technology, data outcomes analysis, etc.
Any member of the ASA meeting of the above criteria may be nominated by filling out the nomination form and submitting it with the following:
- Letters of Support
- Documentation of Work: Photos, media reports, articles, etc. not to exceed 10 pages
All applications will be reviewed at the Spring GHO Committee Meeting so that a recipient, if one is chosen, can be identified and preparations undertaken for the annual meeting.
The Humanitarian Award will be presented each year at the annual meeting in the form of a certificate/plaque consistent with other awards, signed by the ASA president and chair of the ASA GHO Committee.
Past Award Winners:
2011 Award Winner: Phillip O. Bridenbaugh, M.D.
2012 Award Winner: Angela Enright. OC, MB, FRCPC
2013 Award Winner: George A. Gregory, M.D.