Pre-conference 2: Building Effective Leadership
Friday, January 27, 2017
Moderator: Samuel Wald, M.D., M.B.A.
Effective leadership skills continue to increase in importance for physicians to successfully manage change. An integral part of managing an anesthesiology practice is understanding the tools necessary to meet current needs. This one-day course is a is a primer on strategies for how to become a successful leader.
Who should attend?
- Physician Anesthesiologists
- Resident Anesthesiologists (Physicians-in-Training)
- Anesthesiology Group Practice Administrators
- Hospital and Health System Administrators
- Critical Care Physicians
- Pain Management Physicians
What you’ll learn:
- Describe the implementation of the components of leadership and their role in strategic planning
- Apply basic negotiation skills within a health care environment
- Discuss methods to improve and leverage emotional intelligence and incentive planning
Accreditation and Designation Statement
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists designates this pre-conference for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.