Pre-conference 3: LEAN Management in Health Care
Friday, January 27, 2017
Moderator: Shubjeet Kaur, M.D.
Add value to your practice by applying LEAN management principles. Attendees will leave with a tool kit for implementing LEAN strategies in their workplace, creating better outcomes at a lower cost. This workshop will introduce lean thinking for health care leaders and caregivers, focusing on the A3 problem solving methodology and the behaviors that help drive and sustain culture change. Throughout the day, a case study will be used to prompt teams in the workshop to use the knowledge and tools they just learned to solve a problem. In addition, successes and key learning from a rapid improvement event in an academic medical center's SACU will be presented using the A3 template.
Who should attend?
- Physicians and practice leaders who have a responsibility for protecting the group’s future
- Physicians and practice leaders involved in contracting
- Physicians and practice leaders involved in resource management
- Physicians and practice leaders involved in strategic planning
What you’ll learn:
- How to apply basic lean tools and concepts
- How to solve problems using A3 thinking in a hospital setting
- Ideal behaviors that drive culture change through lean adoption
- How to get results using systems, principles and behaviors thinking
- Learn about a system design journey
- Practice designing an idea sharing system
Accreditation and Designation Statement
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologist designates this pre-conference for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.