ASA Department of Quality and Regulatory Affairs (QRA) is based out of the ASA Washington, D.C. office. QRA’s mission is to direct and advance the interests of anesthesiologists in professional standards, performance outcomes, quality assurance and regulatory affairs as they intersect with quality initiatives.
Quality Management & Departmental Administration (QMDA) Regulatory Toolkit
QMDA created this set of documents and guidelines for assisting in practice compliance with various regulations and hospital initiatives.
- Culture of Safety Materials
- Distractions and Fatigue Questions
- Guide to Anesthesia Department Administration
- Hospital Interpretive Guidelines
- Joint Commission Resources and Tools
- Physician Re-Entry to Practice
- WHO Global Guidelines for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infection
Quality Management Resources
QRA supports members in a variety of quality management activities that include quality improvement, reporting and measurement initiatives for anesthesiologists.
Quality Reporting Programs
Physician anesthesiologist 2018 Medicare payments are still impacted by their 2016 performance in quality programs that were retired under MACRA.
QRA's answers to frequently asked questions about quality and regulatory affairs in anesthesia.