Dates: The ASA Call for Measure Concepts is open from Monday, January 8th, 2018 through Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Project Overview: The ASA Committee on Performance and Outcomes Measurement (CPOM) requests members submit measure concepts for consideration in the 2018 measure development cycle.
Quality measure reporting is essential for local quality improvement activities and the success of physician anesthesiologists in federal pay-for-reporting programs, including the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). The ASA is dedicated to expanding the set of measures available for anesthesiologists to report. CPOM invites members to submit measure concepts related to anesthesia care across all subspecialties and phases of the perioperative period, with particular interest in high-priority process or outcome measures related to:
- Acute pain (e.g. preemptive analgesia, opioid sparing techniques)
- Ambulatory care (e.g. cataracts, endoscopy)
- Care coordination and perioperative optimization (e.g. handoffs, discharge, anemia management, ERAS protocols)
- Geriatrics (e.g. frailty assessment)
- Intraoperative care (e.g. temperature management, hyperglycemia management)
Submit your measure concept via Survey Monkey only.
For an overview of the measure development cycle and features of quality measurement, visit the CMS Quality Measure Development and Management Overview as well as the National Quality Forum.
For questions, please contact the Department of Quality and Regulatory Affairs (QRA) at email@example.com.