Quality and Regulatory Affairs (QRA) has compiled the following list of resources for members interested in implementing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) or Anesthesia Information Management System (AIMS). For additional inquiries, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Kent B. Berg, M.D., M.B.A., Karl A. Poterack, M.D., Physician-Led EHR Enhancements, and Unintended ‘Enhancements’ ASA Monitor 02 2016, Vol. 80
- N. Martin Giesecke, M.D. Trials and Tribulations With Electronic Medical Records. ASA Monitor 02 2016, Vol. 80
- Neal Cohen, Electronic Health Records: Understanding the Implications for Anesthesia Practice, ASA Monitor 05 2015, Vol. 79
- Judith Jurin Semo, J.D., Legal Issues Related to Technology Use in Anesthesia, ASA Monitor 05 2014, Vol. 78
- Huong T. Le, M.D., Mark Banoub, M.D., CPE, Data Warehouses: Managing and Accessing EHR Data. ASA Monitor 02 2016, Vol. 80
- Brian J. Cammarata, M.D., Brian J. Thomas, J.D., Medicolegal and Compliance Considerations of the Electronic Medical Record, ASA Monitor 02 2012, Vol. 76
- Karl A. Poterack, M.D.,Ori Gottlieb, M.D, Are You Ready for EHR Downtime? Questions to Ask, ASA Monitor 02 2016, Vol. 80
- James M. Moore, M.D., Emily Richardson, M.D. Implementing An AIMS As Part Of An Enterprise EHR, ASA Monitor 04 2015, Vol. 79
- Joseph W. Szokol, M.D, J.D., M.B.A., Mark A. Deshur, M.D., M.B.A., Implementing an Anesthesia Information Management System, ASA Monitor 01 2014, Vol. 78
- Patrick J. McCormick, M.D., Challenges in Creating and Maintaining Interfaces With an AIMS. ASA Monitor 10 2013, Vol. 77
- David B. Wax, M.D., Hung-Mo Lin, Sc.D., David L. Reich, M.D., Intraoperative Non–Record-keeping Usage of Anesthesia Information Management System Workstations and Associated Hemodynamic Variability and Aberrancies. Anesthesiology 12 2012, Vol. 117
- Anil Marian, M.D., F.R.C.A., James Moore, M.D., Device Integration: An Essential Step in AIMS Implementation. ASA Monitor 08 2012, Vol. 76
- James R. Douglas Jr. M.D., Ph.D., Melody J. Ritter M.D., Implementation of an Anesthesia Information Management System (AIMS), The Ochsner Journal 06 2011, Vol. 11
- Jesse M. Ehrenfeld M.D., M.P.H., Mohamed A. Rehman, M.D. Anesthesia Information Management Systems: A Review of Functionality and Installation Considerations, Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing 02 2011, Vol. 25
- Throughout the implementation of the Medicare EHR Incentive Program, providers have frequently voiced their concerns regarding information blocking, a practice through which data exchange with other EHR systems is effectively stymied through the imposition of additional fees and technical barriers. In accordance with EHR certification rules established on January 14, 2016 and in response to these concerns, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) has prepared a comprehensive list of EHR vendors that have completed a Transparency Attestation and published detailed information about technology and business practices related to information blocking and interoperability.