The American Society of Anesthesiologists® is currently soliciting comments from ASA members and other stakeholders on several DRAFT quality measures currently under development. The measures were developed by the ASA Core Measure Development Group (CMDG), under the direction of the Committee on Performance and Outcomes Measurement (CPOM).
The comment period is open from July 7 – August 7, 2017.
The public comment period is a vital component of the quality measure development process that allows for transparency and balanced stakeholder feedback. This period is an opportunity for members and other stakeholders to provide early input on draft quality measures and to ensure that proposed quality measures are meaningful and relevant to clinical practice. For questions, please contact the Department of Quality and Regulatory Affairs at email@example.com.
- Documentation of Antiplatelet and Anticoagulant Medications
- Geriatric Cognitive Assessment
- OB Bundle: Postdural Puncture Headache following Epidural Anesthesia
- OB Bundle: Unplanned Dural Puncture
- OB Bundle: Use of Pencil-Point Needle for Spinal Anesthesia
- Prevention of Arterial Line-Related Bloodstream Infections
- Team-based Implementation of a Care-and-Communication Bundle for ICU Patients
- Use of Real-time Ultrasound Guidance for Internal Jugular Vein Catheterization