Residents & Fellows Program
Friday, October 18 – Sunday, October 20
Prepare for your future in the field of anesthesiology
Learn from world-renowned leaders, grow your professional network and receive career development training through programs designed specifically to address the needs and concerns of future physician anesthesiologists.
Residents & Fellows Track
Deepen your understanding about what’s affecting the specialty and gain access to exclusive resources and thought leaders in the specialty. We will help you:
- Prep for your oral boards during an interactive session
- Reimagine residency through the lens of resident wellness
- Identify how to get involved in global health
Here are a few ways to make the most of your time:
- Join us for a Kickoff Session where 2019 Annual Meeting Supporters will share insights into contracts, negotiation and common red flags.
- Want to know how to prep for your oral boards and find global health opportunities? Engage with physician anesthesiologists who have dedicated their careers to training and guiding residents through their career transitions.
Residents & Fellows Sessions
Grow your professional network
We know how important networking is to further your career, so we have set up designated events to ensure you have adequate time to make those valuable connections.
- Resident and Medical Student Reception: Engage with your peers, early career physicians, ASA leadership, industry and annual meeting supporters while enjoying beverages and delicious hors d’oeuvres.
- NEW! ASA Career Fair: Jumpstart your career by interacting with 20 companies.
- NEW! Fellowship Open House: Explore specialty training options with 30 program representatives.
- Complimentary CV and LinkedIn reviews:
- Envision Physician Services: October 19 - 20, 2 - 4 p.m., at booth #721. You can also set up one-on-one interviews for virtual CV reviews after the meeting.
- U.S. Anesthesia Partners: October 19, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., at booth #1349.
Be part of the main conference
Advance your career at main conference sessions that have been hand-picked as being most beneficial to you at this stage in your anesthesiology journey, including
- Anesthesia-centric ACLS
- Decision-Making in Airway Management
- Snap Talk: Controversies in Anesthesiology
- Less Jolts From Your Volts: Electrical Safety in the O.R.
- Investigating Traditions, Dogmas and Myths in Anesthesia Practice
Register today and save!
Join the #ANES19 Conversation
Connect with ASA on social media to discover the latest information about the meeting. Tell us why you are excited to attend ANESTHESIOLOGY 2019!