On June 20 – 21, 2018, representatives from multiple perioperative stakeholder groups, including physicians and scientists met at the AARP Hatchery for the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and AARP Summit with the long-term goal of promoting brain health before, during and after surgery. Based upon the meeting and discussions, the undersigned organizations have agreed to promote the following to patients, providers, hospitals, regulatory agencies and funders.
Thank you for taking action!
The participant information provided represents self-attestations from individual and institutional participants and is not edited or monitored by ASA.
- Anesthesia Associates of Boise
- Antiguo Hospital Civil de Guadalajara
- Department of Anesthesia, University of Toronto
- Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
- MedStar Health
- Mount Sinai West
- University of São Paulo
- University of Tennessee
- American Academy of Anesthesiologists Assistants (AAAA)
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (AAPM&R)
- Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation (APSF)
- Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- National Quality Forum (NQF)
- São Paulo State Anesthesia Society (SAESP)
- The Gerontological Society of America
- Houman Amirfarzan, M.D.
- Anna Barczewska-Hillel, M.D.
- Maria Carmona, M.D., Ph.D.
University of São Paulo Medical School
- Jacob Connell, M.D.
- Brian Henk, D.O.
- Kirk Hogan, M.D., J.D.
- Stephe Holman, M.D.
- Amy Hudson, CRNA
- Pedro Ibarra, M.D., MSc
- Ralph Lydic, Ph.D.
Robert H. Cole Endowed Professor of Neuroscience
Co-Director Anesthesiology Research
Professor of Anesthesiology and Psychology
Joint Faculty, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Joseph McBeain, CRNA
- Claudia Memoria
University of São Paulo
- Federica Monaco
- Beverley A. Orser MD, PhD, FRCPC, FCAHS
Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesia, University of Toronto
Professor of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Co-director of Research, Department of Anesthesia, Sunnybrook HSC
Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Marykay Pavol, PhD, ABPP
Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology
Assistant Professor of Clinical Neuropsychology
Columbia University Medical Center
- Paul Richards
Chairman Dept Anesthesia
- Janeen Richins, M.D.
- Regina Rodriguez-Arias
- Gabriela Saba, M.D.
University of São Paulo
- Katie Schenning, M.D., M.P.H.
- Claudia Simoes, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mark Warner, M.D., President, Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation
- Zhongcong Xie, M.D., Ph.D., FASA
Henry Knowles Beecher Professor of Anesthesia
Harvard Medical School
Director, Geriatric Anesthesia Research Unit
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
Massachusetts General Hospital
Ready to take action and add your name to the list?
Sign up to agree to promote the AARP/ASA Perioperative Brain Health Initiative Call to Action to patients, providers, hospitals, regulatory agencies and funders.
Download a PDF of the Call to Action
View the 2018 ASA/AARP Perioperative Brain Health Initiative Summit attendee summary.
Back to News