Obstructive Sleep Apnea - Group Enrollment available NOW.
If you are interested in enrolling as a group for any of the topics below, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Perioperative Hyperglycemia
- Mask Ventilation
- Massive Transfusion Therapy
- Prevention and Management of Local Anesthetic Systemic Toxicity
- Postoperative Epidural Catheter Management During Low Molecular Weight Heparin Administration
- Mechanical Ventilation in the OR: Optimizing Patient Outcomes
- Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting in the Pediatric Population
- Perioperative Management of Patients with Coronary Artery Stents
- Optimal Reversal of Non-depolarizing Muscle Relaxants
- Acute Perioperative Pain Management for Abdominal Procedures
- Intraoperative Hypotension
- Perioperative Handoff
The benefits of registering as a group include:
- Non-physician and non-ASA members can participate at the ASA member price
- Helpful and informative group reports track and compare your progress to that of other participants and groups, as well as to a national database
- Patient outcomes can be improved with a practice level improvement plan for all participants
- Participation and teamwork is encouraged with a group-wide activity
Group participation is similar to individual participation with the following exceptions:
- One person in each group must be designated as the group administrator. This person does not have to be a participant in the PPAI course, but is responsible for maintaining the group auto-enrollment file(s), communicating with the ASA, and receiving reports for the group.
- Each participant is assigned a group number as well as an individual ID number for each PPAI course.
Group Enrollment Instructions for Group Administrators
Right click and save the auto-enrollment Excel file and complete all fields for each participant (a minimum enrollment of 7 participants is needed to qualify as a “group”).
ASA MEMBER TIP: Enter your ASA member ID and the email address you have on file with ASA. If the participant is NOT an ASA member, leave those fields blank. If physicians are added to the group, after sending in your original auto-enrollment file, be sure to notify the ASA Education Center of the physicians’ names and email addresses, so that the additional physicians will be assigned to the correct group number. For technical support or questions, contact the ASA Education Center at email@example.com.
- Email your contact information and organization name with the completed auto-enrollment file(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow two business days for participants to be enrolled.
- When enrollment is complete, all participants will receive an email notification with login information.
- When the PPAI process is complete, the group administrator may request a copy of the CME certificate for group participants to verify successful course completion.
Chart Data Entry
If a physician chooses to have his or her data entered by someone else in the group, the physician must give that individual his or her ASA ID number and password so that the information will be assigned to the correct individual and group number.
Performance Improvement Plans
Participation in a PPAI course requires a performance improvement plan. In a group activity, the ASA recommends coordinating the plan around a common goal for the group. You may also let individuals determine their own plans.
These four new reports are ONLY available for entities enrolling as a group. These reports will help you track the progress of each participant from enrollment to completion, and compare results among individual participants or groups and to a national database.
Group Status Report: outlines the number of participants in the group who have “not started,” are “in progress,” or have “completed” Stage 1 (pre-audit), Stage 2 (group improvement plan) or Stage 3 (post-audit).
Group Post-Audit Report (available on the AQI website to group administrators): a bar chart comparison of each participant, peer aggregate and group aggregate
Group Evaluation Report: an aggregate report of all evaluation in the group
Comparison Report: comparison of individuals to the group, and of the group to a national database