Learn how to safely administer deep sedation
Safe Sedation Training – Deep (SSTdeep) is an all-encompassing training program that provides the tools, information and techniques needed to keep patients safe while administering deep sedation. Upon completion of the course, non-anesthesiologist physicians will have the training necessary to administer deep sedation, including:
• Emergency Physicians
• Interventional Cardiologists
• Oral surgeons
Patients can have adverse outcomes if deep sedation is administered or monitored improperly, which is why patient safety is of the utmost importance when administering sedation. ASA offers two courses to help you standardize training:
SSTdeep – Didactic Online Modules - provides non-anesthesiologist physicians a condensed, online training program that can be completed in a few hours to accommodate a busy professional practice.
Online Didactic modules include:
1. Advanced Airway Management
SSTdeep Online Plus
2. Deep Sedation Pharmacology
3. Circulatory Monitoring and Support
4. Deep Sedation Team Dynamics and Practice Management
– completion of the full program provides the most comprehensive training for those administering deep sedation. It was developed based on ASA guidelines
for non-anesthesiologist physicians to ensure the highest standards in patient safety. The full program includes the SSTdeep – didactic online modules, and additionally:
• Mentored Practice - The objective of the mentored practice component is to include clinical experience on patients. This also includes a general and customizable framework for facilities to use to assist non-anesthesiologist physicians to acquire skills in deep sedation.
• Simulation Experience - The simulation experience will educate and assess the participant’s skills in deep sedation topics.
After completing the three SSTdeep components, you will be equipped with the skills needed to keep your patients safe, and learn:
• How to properly evaluate a patient prior to the procedure
• How to choose a safe sedation regimen and when to refer the patient to an anesthesia professional
• How to recognize that a sedated patient has entered a state of general anesthesia
• How to rescue a patient from a harmful sedation level
Buy Deep Sedation
An interactive education curriculum - Powered by Medvis
Bundled pricing is available!
Purchase SSTmoderate and SSTdeep Didactics together and receive instant savings. Completion of SSTmoderate within two years is required for access to SST deep.
Group discounts are available! Interested in purchasing 31+ licenses? Contact Nate Wicks at (847) 268-9214 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about group discounts. If your institution sees a need for expanding this privilege to non-anesthesiologist physicians, contact us for comprehensive training on deep sedation.
For product related questions
, please contact Steven Houg at (847) 268-9271 or email@example.com