ASA-CPLE Leader Focus Assessment: Core Assessment
Brought to you by ASA and the Center for Physician Leadership Excellence (CPLE), the assessment(s) provide you with a comprehensive feedback report that highlights both leadership strengths and opportunities for improvement along with traditional and non-traditional developmental recommendations useful in creating an individual development plan.
What you will learn?
This assessment is designed to:
- Improve your knowledge of effective physician leadership behaviors
- Confirm your leadership strengths and areas of development using a variety of perspectives
- Understand your potential barriers to successful physician leadership
- Create a powerful individual development plan using data from the assessment
- Prioritize development opportunities saving valuable time and resources
Participants in the Core assessment will:
- Utilize different forms of the assessment process depending on whether you decide to be assessed versus entry-level, mid-level, or executive physician leader jobs
- Complete the following:
- Hogan Personality Inventory: Used to predict job performance and is an ideal tool to help you strengthen your employee selection, leadership development, succession planning, and talent management processes
- Hogan Diagnostic Survey: Identifies personality qualities that often emerge in times of increased strain so you can recognize and mitigate performance risks before they become a problem
- Hogan Motives, Values and Preferences Inventory: Examines the core goals, values, drivers, and interests that determine what energizes us and what we strive to attain.
- Career Challenges Interview: Participate in a 90-minute interview that addresses career challenges you’ve faced and asks you to decide on the best actions to take in three real-life scenarios that you may face as a physician leader
- Comprehensive Individual Feedback: A report including developmental recommendations followed by a 45-minute individual feedback and development session with a Lead Assessor
If you have any questions, please contact ASA Education.
Take the Assessment
Continuing Medical Education
ACCME Accreditation and Designation Statements
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians and will designate a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. (Up to 4.5 CME credits for this activity.)