FAER’s yearlong medical student fellowship is for those who would like to spend a year focusing on anesthesiology research and receive additional training. Medical students enrolled full-time at a U.S.-based LCME-accredited institution and who have completed their core clinical rotations but have not yet graduated can apply for the program.
Medical student fellows can expect:
- One year of full-time research in anesthesiology
- A formal mentor-protégé relationship with an experienced investigator
- Training in scientific methods and research techniques
- A $32,000 stipend, plus additional funding to cover relocation, housing, health insurance, travel to a national meeting and other related expenses
- Opportunities to present at regional and national scientific meetings
For more information, download the complete MSARF Yearlong Program overview document that covers eligibility requirements, application instructions, information on the stipend and funding, and student fellow responsibilities.
Download MSARF Yearlong Requirements [PDF]
The application deadlines for 2017-18 yearlong fellowships are pending. Please call the FAER office at (630) 912-2554 if you are interested in applying for this program.
Call the FAER office at (630) 912-2554.
Year-Long Program Instructions [PDF]
Abstract and Poster Guidelines [PDF]
Scientific Abstract Example [PDF]
Clinical Abstract Example [PDF]