Winners of the 2020-2021 Resident International Anesthesia Scholarship
The American Society of Anesthesiologists Global Humanitarian Outreach (GHO) committee is pleased to announce the winners for the 2020-2021 Resident International Anesthesia Scholarship Program.
|Erica Gee, M.D.
|Maham Mahmood, M.D.
|Ololade Ogundele, M.D.
||University of Maryland
|Aanchal Prakash, M.D.
|Misty Shah, M.D.
|Yuanting Zha, M.D., M.P.H.
||Brigham and Women’s
Now Accepting Applications
Resident International Anesthesia Scholarship Program 2021-2022 Application Details
The ASA Committee on Global Humanitarian Outreach (GHO) is pleased to announce the application cycle for the 2021-2022 scholarship program for U.S. anesthesiology residents to spend a month in a resource-poor setting. The site for the rotation will be a CURE Hospital or a GHO-affiliated site. (Travel subject to world conditions at the time.) Residents will have the opportunity to experience the challenges of delivering safe anesthesia in a low-resource, underserved area in a developing country as well as participate in the training and education of local anesthesia providers. With appropriate planning, the resident will be eligible to receive ABA credit. Covered expenses include travel, lodging, meals, visa, vaccinations and medical insurance.
Application requirements and details:
- Applicants must be CA-2 residents at time of application and must have completed a pediatric anesthesia rotation, and should be CA-3 residents at the time of the rotation.
- Must be a resident in good standing in a U.S. anesthesiology residency training program.
- Application requirements include a letter of motivation, letter of support from program director, CV and one additional letter of recommendation.
- The first available month for the rotation is approximately September 2021, with start dates and rotation dates flexible based on needs of the home institution.
- Applications are due by January 31, 2021.
Send application materials or questions to:
Elizabeth T. Drum, M.D., FAAP, FCPP, FASA
Associate Chief for Clinical Operations, General Anesthesia Division
Medical Director, Radiology Anesthesia Sedation Services
Medical Director, Anesthesiology Global Health Initiatives
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Associate Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology and Critical Care
Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
U.S. Program Director for Scholarship program