AQPSM 2023 Scientific Abstract ePoster Submission Guidelines
Submissions are now closed, selected poster authors will be notified in June, 2023.
- The Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting will be held July 14 and 15, 2023
- Submissions requested from medical students, residents in CA 1-3, and individuals in fellowship programs.
- Submission Deadline: Monday, April 24, 2023
- Scientific abstracts for the Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting 2023 will be accepted in Submissions requested from an electronic poster format (ePoster).
- Submission is free.
- ePosters will be selected for display based on the criteria set forth below. Certain ePosters will also be selected for presentation. Those selected will be notified in early June 2023.
- The presenting author for the ePoster scientific abstract submission may be required to complete a conflict of disclosure form for all co-authors. If a disclosure is required, the submission will not be considered final until all disclosure information is complete. June 15, 2023 is the deadline date to enter all co-author(s) disclosure.
- Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting 2023 Embargo Policy:
It is the policy of the ASA that all scientific abstracts accepted for presentation, in ePoster form or otherwise, are embargoed (may not be published or publicized) until the date and time of presentation or viewing. Sharing accepted information with the media before then should be done only with permission of ASA’s Public Relations Department and after acceptance of the restriction that abstracts will not be published or publicized until the date and time of presentation or viewing.
The Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting Planning Committee will review, score, and select all ePoster submissions based on the following criteria.
- Does the project have clear impact on patient safety, quality of care, or health care economics?
- Is the problem well defined both descriptively and by data?
- Was the quality improvement methodology used to address the problem clearly described?
- Are the results clearly described?
- Is the work generalizable to other institutions with a similar challenge?
Affirmation Page: All boxes must be checked.
- All case titles must be in English.
- Type your title directly in the space provided or copy and paste it from a word-processing program.
Type your title in upper and lower case letters. Please do not type in all upper case letters, or hit return, title will wrap.
- 100 character limit for title
- To use a special character(s) in your title, compose the title off line and then copy and paste the title in the space provided.
Author Information Limit: No more than ten authors can be added to the ePoster abstract.
ePoster Abstract Submission Results:
Notification to all authors will be e-mailed by early June 2023. There are three response categories: submission rejected, submission accepted, and award winners. Three award winners will be selected to present their ePosters during AQPSM23. Award winners will be required to present their ePoster during the 5:50 - 6:35 p.m. ePoster Presentation session on Friday, July 14. The presentation will be virtual via Zoom.
Information about accepted ePosters will appear in the AQPSM23 electronic program and will include the title and authors/institutions. Accepted submissions will appear, under embargo, for AQPSM23 attendees.
How to enter your ePoster Abstract: ePosters may be entered directly, uploaded using this link.
ePoster Abstract Summary: Please enter ONLY the summary in the box provided. The summary should be a five to ten-line summary/description of your ePoster scientific abstract that may only appear in the AQPSM23 program or webpage.