This is your opportunity to highlight your important quality initiatives at the new Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting 2021! The meeting focuses on key themes in quality improvement, patient safety, team collaboration, and wellness. It includes renowned practitioners who are passionate about ensuring safe care before, during, and after surgery. If you submit an ePoster, you may be invited to present alongside these Quality and Patient Safety experts.
Submission guidelines can be found below.
Use this link to submit your ePoster by May 14th, 2021.
For more information on the meeting email AQPSM@asahq.org
Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting 2021
Scientific Abstract ePoster Submission Guidelines
- Submissions requested from residents in CA 1-3 and individuals in fellowship programs.
- Submission Deadline: May 14th, 2021
- Scientific abstracts for the Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting 2021 will be accepted in Submissions requested from an electronic poster format (ePoster).
- Submission is free.
- ePosters will be selected for display based on the criteria set forth below. Certain ePosters will also be selected for presentation. Those selected will be notified in early June 2021.
- The presenting author for the ePoster scientific abstract submission may be required to complete a conflict of disclosure form for all co-authors. If a disclosure is required, the submission will not be considered final until all disclosure information is complete. May 14th, 2021 is the deadline date to enter all co-author(s) disclosure.
- Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting 2021 Embargo Policy:
It is the policy of the ASA that all scientific abstracts accepted for presentation, in ePoster form or otherwise, are embargoed (may not be published or publicized) until the date and time of presentation or viewing. Sharing accepted information with the media before then should be done only with permission of ASA’s Public Relations Department and after acceptance of the restriction that abstracts will not be published or publicized until the date and time of presentation or viewing.
The Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting Planning Committee will review, score, and select all ePoster submissions based on the following criteria
- Did the project have clear impact on patient safety, quality of care, or health care economics?
- Is the problem well defined both descriptively and by data?
- Was the quality improvement methodology used to address the problem clearly described?
- Are the results clearly described?
- Is the work generalizable to other institutions with a similar challenge?
Affirmation Page: All boxes must be checked.
- All case titles must be in English.
- Type your title directly in the space provided or copy and paste it from a word-processing program.
Type your title in upper and lower case letters. Please do not type in all upper case letters, or hit return, title will wrap.
- 100 character limit for title
- To use a special character(s) in your title, compose the title off line and then copy and paste the title in the space below.
Author Information Limit: No more than ten authors can be added to the ePoster abstract.
ePoster Abstract Submission Results:
Notification to all authors will be e-mailed by early June 2021. There are three response categories: submission rejected, submission accepted, and award winners. Three award winners will be selected to present their ePosters during AQPSM21. Award winners will be required to present their ePoster during the 12:15-1 p.m. CT ePoster Presentation session.
Information about accepted ePosters will appear in the AQPSM21 electronic program and will include the title and authors/institutions. Accepted submissions will appear, under embargo, for AQPSM21 attendees.
How To Enter Your Eposter Abstract: ePosters may be entered directly, uploaded using this "Upload a File Containing Your Abstract" link.
ePoster Abstract Summary:
PLEASE NOTE: The size limit is 800 characters which will also include the authors and institution. Please enter ONLY the summary in the box below: The summary should be a five to ten-line summary/description of your ePoster scientific abstract that may only appear in the AQPSM21 program or webpage. The material will not be considered in the ePoster grading or acceptance process.