DATE: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
TIME: 7-8 p.m. (CDT)
CME: The American Society of Anesthesiologists designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Register for the ASA Town Hall
During this 60 minute ASA Town Hall, two anesthesiologists with leadership positions at the Department of Homeland Security and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will discuss their role and actions during the Public Health Emergency (PHE) and how their training as anesthesiologist influenced their decisions.
They will discuss how anesthesiologists can help their Institutions prepare for any future Public Health Emergencies.
- L. Reuven Pasternak, MD, MBA, MPH (Interim) Senior Advisor, National Risk Management Center, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Lee A. Fleisher, MD Chief Medical Officer and Director of the Center for Clinical Standards and Quality for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
This interactive webinar will allow for live Q&A moderated by ASA Immediate Past President Beverly K. Philip, MD, FACA, FASA, and discussion among participants via online chat.
Not available to attend the live webinar? A recording will be available online on in the ASA Education Center at on Friday, Dec 3, 2021.
- Discuss federal requirements for Institutions in emergency preparedness
- Identify learnings and actions taken by the Department of Homeland Security and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services during the PHE
- Describe the role anesthesiologists can and should take in emergency preparedness