Quality Reporting Tips
To ensure you are successful, ASA Quality Reporting recommends you follow these best practices:
- Choose a physician anesthesiologist or other quality champion to manage and oversee the activities.
- Establish quality control processes with your vendor or in-house IT to ensure data are collected and formatted properly.
- Check data files for proper formatting and content prior to submission.
- Monitor TIN and NPI numbers for completeness and accuracy.
- Join files from different vendors prior to submission to Anesthesia Quality Institute (AQI). If it’s necessary to have separate files, the champion should confirm with the vendor that a uniformly named episode of care ID is located in each file.
- Monitor ASA Quality Reporting regularly to identify potential gaps.
- Ensure data are submitted by AQI deadlines.
- Participate in ASA Quality Reporting Virtual Office Hours.
- Read AQI listserve communications and follow actions.
- Stay abreast of reporting activities and compliance.
- View the Quality Reporting Roles and Responsibilities.