SAM-OB is a self-study CME program that covers established knowledge in the subspecialty field of obstetric anesthesia. With SAM-OB you can assess areas of strength and weakness in obstetric anesthesia knowledge and target ongoing education in these areas. Content includes 100 questions with answers, detailed discussions explaining the rationale for each answer and references for further study. Subscribers complete the program at their own pace and submit the answers online to receive CME credit.
· Develop a plan for the management of labor analgesia based upon the current literature
· Manage common complications associated the labor analgesia
· Manage high risk obstetric patients, decreasing morbidity associated with anesthesia
· Develop an anesthetic plan for cesarean delivery and postcesarean analgesia based upon the current evidence.
· Participate in the management of obstetric emergencies, such as obstetric hemorrhage, in order to improve patient outcomes.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists remains strongly committed to providing the best available evidence-based clinical information to participants of this educational activity and requires an open disclosure of any potential conflict of interest identified by our faculty members. It is not the intent of the American Society of Anesthesiologists to eliminate all situations of potential conflict of interest, but rather to enable those who are working with the American Society of Anesthesiologists to recognize situations that may be subject to question by others. All disclosed conflicts of interest are reviewed by the educational activity course director/chair to ensure that such situations are properly evaluated and, if necessary, resolved. The American Society of Anesthesiologists educational standards pertaining to conflict of interest are intended to maintain the professional autonomy of the clinical experts inherent in promoting a balanced presentation of science. Through our review process, all American Society of Anesthesiologists CME activities are ensured of independent, objective, scientifically balanced presentations of information. Disclosure of any or no relationships will be made available for all educational activities.