The ANESTHESIOLOGY 2015 annual meeting offers unparalleled educational, networking and business development opportunities. This five-day meeting is so highly regarded that more than 15,000 attendees travel from 90 countries to attend and participate – making it the largest educational event in anesthesiology in the world. We’re excited to invite you to be part of it.
To ensure attendees have a worthwhile experience year after year, we responded to feedback from members and past attendees to enhance offerings in 2015. Some of the changes include:
- • Reinvigorating the science, mark your calendars for the Severinghaus and Rovenstine lectures presented by Steve Shafer, M.D., editor-in-chief of Anesthesia & Analgesia and James C. Eisenach, M.D., editor-in-chief of Anesthesiology respectively, FAER-Helrich Research Lecture and Journal events, such as a new Major Trials session, Best of Basic and Clinical Science sessions and the Journal symposium, focusing on the Anesthesiologist and Health Care Redesign.
- • Featured lectures now kick off each day. The Opening Session, Emery A. Rovenstine, Gertie Marx, Lewis H. Wright, Ellison C. Pierce and John W. Severinghaus lectures have been scheduled so attendees can start the day together.
- • Improved meeting flow with concurrent sessions, allowing attendees to participate in more sessions and claim full CME.
- • A new self-study program to help attendees maximize their time and CME while at the meeting. These immersive self-study opportunities are designed to help attendees increase their competence in several clinical areas of focus.
- • Additional networking opportunities including a new Charitable Networking Event: An International Tasting Reception. Coffee breaks and lunches are planned for the Connection Center so attendees can recharge in the Connection Lounge, explore the Exhibit Hall and visit the ASA Resource Center.
Past attendees requested these changes to maximize learning and expand networks. We listened, and now we’re delivering. We’re excited about this year’s program and we hope you will be too.
ASA is committed to providing attendees with an amazing experience. The ANESTHESIOLOGY 2015 annual meeting is sure to exceed your expectations in every way. With 600 educational sessions that cross 10 clinical tracks, 1,200 e-Poster sessions and 1,100 medically challenging cases, this meeting offers something for everyone.
We look forward to seeing you there,
J.P. Abenstein, M.S.E.E., M.D.
President, American Society of Anesthesiologists Chair
Karen B. Domino, M.D, M.P.H
Committee on Annual Meeting Oversight
We’ve got an exciting Opening Session planned for Saturday morning. Be sure you arrive Friday night so you don’t miss it.