Companies donate to the Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research in a number of ways. Corporations in the pharmaceutical, medical device and medical education industries make possible educational opportunities for medical students and residents, and research opportunities for anesthesiologists. FAER relies on corporate donations for its programs and grants.
If your organization is interested in partnering with FAER to support education and research in anesthesiology, contact the FAER office at 630-912-2554.
Giving Opportunities: Educational Programs
Education is fundamental to FAER’s mission, and it is a core element of many of FAER’s programs. Current program funding opportunities include:
- Medical Student Anesthesia Research Fellowship: Support medical students through an intensive summer program where they participate in research projects and activities in clinical anesthesia.
- Resident Scholar Program: Provide anesthesiology residents with the opportunity to attend the ASA annual meeting. The program is often a resident’s first exposure to a national scientific meeting with multiple scientific and educational sessions.
If your organization is interested in partnering with FAER to support educational programs, contact the FAER office at 630-912-2554.
Giving Opportunities: Research Grants
One of FAER’s primary functions is to provide research grant funding to anesthesiologists interested in pursuing careers as physician investigators. Total annual grant funding awarded ranges, on average, from $1.5 to $2 million.
- Mentored Research Training Grant (MRTG): The MRTG helps anesthesiologists develop the skills and preliminary data needed to become competitive, independent investigators. The MRTG is a two-year $250,000 grant that provides funding for basic science, clinical and translational, or health services research to faculty members who are within 10 years of having completed their core anesthesiology residency.
- Research Fellowship Grant (RFG): Anesthesiology residents and fellows receive significant training in research techniques and scientific methods through the FAER Research Fellowship Grant. The one-year $75,000 RFG is awarded in conjunction with clinical training in an ACGME-approved anesthesiology residency or fellowship program.
- Research in Education Grant (REG): The REG is intended to stimulate career development for anesthesiologists interested in researching the concepts, methods and techniques of education in anesthesiology. This includes novel approaches to educating medical students, residents, fellows and practicing physicians. The two-year $100,000 REG provides funding to individuals who have completed their clinical anesthesia training and have academic faculty appointments. It is available for faculty members of all ranks.
If your organization is interested in partnering with FAER to support research in anesthesiology, contact the FAER office at 630-912-2554.
Corporate Donor Recognition
FAER encourages corporate sponsorship of the above programs in any amount. Corporations that donate to FAER are recognized for their contributions at the following levels.
- $100,000 and more
- $50,000 to $99,999
- $25,000 to $49,999
- $10,000 to $24,999
- $5,000 to $9,999
- $1,000 to $4,999