The purpose of The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA®) is to provide evidence-based education and resources to support a continuum of professional development needs, regulatory requirements, continuous quality improvement, based upon identified clinical practice gaps for physician anesthesiologists and members of the anesthesia care team.
Meeting Learning Objectives
This comprehensive activity provides learners with opportunities to:
- Apply contemporary practice management skills and knowledge of regulatory issues in creating and maintaining a culture of compliance.
- Recognize the concepts, theories, laws, and tools in everyday practices to increase the functions of management and administration in a healthcare setting.
- Identify managerial and leadership skills that will have a positive effect on healthcare performance.
- Assess the potential applications of emerging issues that affect the practice of anesthesia.
Physician Anesthesiologists and Other Anesthesia Clinicians, Anesthesiology Practice Leaders, Department Chiefs, Medical Directors, Directors of Quality, Anesthesia Administrators, Health Care Organization Leaders, Residents, and Fellows.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American College of Healthcare Executive (ACHE) Education Credits
The American College of Healthcare Executives awards 2 hours of ACHE Face-to-Face Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification, in the American College of Healthcare Executives. To qualify for ACHE Face-to-Face Education Credits, the attendee must attend the entire seminar.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is authorized to award 10 hours of preapproved ACHE Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification, in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select “My Education Credit” to log hours earned.
The activities/sessions eligible for the 10 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit include:
Friday (Please be aware of concurrent sessions when reporting hours)
- Anesthesia Administrators and Executives (AAE) (4 credits)
- Essentials of Anesthesiology Practice (4 credits)
- Touchpoint Series (3.50 credits)
- Small to Medium Groups (2 credits)
Saturday (Please be aware of concurrent sessions when reporting hours)
- ADVANCE 2022 Main Conference (4.5 credits)
- Essentials of Anesthesiology Practice (3 credits)
Sunday (Please be aware of concurrent sessions when reporting hours)
- ADVANCE 2022 Main Conference (1.50 credits)
- Touchpoint Series (1 credits)
- Small to Medium Groups (1.50 credits)