The purpose of The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA®) is to provide evidence-based education and resources to support a continuum of professional development needs, regulatory requirements, continuous quality improvement, based upon identified clinical practice gaps for physician anesthesiologists and members of the anesthesia care team.
Meeting Learning Objectives
This comprehensive activity provides learners with opportunities to:
- Apply contemporary practice management skills and knowledge of regulatory issues in creating and maintaining a culture of compliance.
- Examine the roots of individual cultural values and develop a comprehensive DEI strategy.
- Recognize the concepts, theories, laws, and tools in everyday practices to increase the functions of management and administration in a healthcare setting.
- Develop critical leadership, self-awareness, and fulfilment skills that will have a positive effect on healthcare performance.
- Assess the potential applications of emerging issues that affect the practice of anesthesia.
Physician Anesthesiologists and Other Anesthesia Clinicians, Anesthesiology Practice Leaders, Department Chiefs, Medical Directors, Directors of Quality, Anesthesia Administrators, Health Care Organization Leaders, Residents, and Fellows.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Billers and Coders
This program has prior approval from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) for up to 41.0 continuing education hours. Prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor. The AAPC approval index number(s) for the 2024 ADVANCE meeting is valid through December 31, 2025. An index number may be submitted for CEU one time only. View the session card and take a look at AAPC information.
American College of Healthcare Executive (ACHE) Education Credits
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is authorized to award 13.5 hours of preapproved ACHE Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification, in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation.