Our Vision: Worldwide, Safe Anesthesia Practice
The ASA Committee on Global Health seeks to enhance worldwide anesthetic care through the development of education and clinical care programs. The Committee on Global Health seeks to facilitate ASA member anesthesiologists and anesthesia residents-in-training's volunteerism in developed programs around the world.
Worldwide, Safe Anesthesia Practice
- Enhance anesthesia care globally through education, clinical training, research, and advocacy.
- Collaborate with anesthesia partners in variably resourced settings to help provide geographically appropriate, safe anesthetic care
- Educate ASA members on safe, ethical, and effective ways to advance anesthesia care worldwide
- Work collaboratively with the ASA Charitable Foundation to advance the quality of health and medical care in under-served communities
- To maintain a volunteer website as a resource for ASA anesthesiologists seeking to volunteer or international practice opportunities
- To promote international training opportunities for American anesthesiology residents
- To continue to promote safe surgery and anesthesia initiatives in partnership with Lifebox, through education and narrowing the “oximeter gap” in central and south America. This will be accomplished through the development of onsite training and monitoring programs
- On behalf of the ASA to Collaborate with National and International (e.g., WFSA) organizations to enhance safe anesthesia practice
- To support ASA membership in responding to international humanitarian relief efforts