1. Why did ASA decide to host ANESTHESIOLOGY 2020 as a virtual meeting?
ANESTHESIOLOGY is the largest annual anesthesiology educational event in the world, with more than 14,000 attendees from 80 countries. Current governmental guidance and mounting scientific evidence about the timing of a cure or vaccine for COVID-19 have made it clear that holding a meeting of this magnitude in Washington, D.C., in early October will be impossible.
2. How will this year’s virtual meeting replace an in-person, on-site meeting in Washington, DC?
The full annual meeting experience will be held online, including presentations, interactive poster displays, dynamic breakouts, and opportunities to engage with corporate partners.
3. When will the ANESTHESIOLOGY 2020 annual meeting be held?
The ANESTHESIOLOGY 2020 annual meeting will be offered virtually October 2-5, 2020. The program includes live-streamed and recorded sessions, plus live Q & A. All of the meeting content will be available for registrants to access for 12 months after the meeting, so you can go back and view all the sessions as many times as you want, when you want.
4. Why wasn’t ANESTHESIOLOGY 2020 just postponed until a later date or next year?
Facilitating world-class education, breakthrough research and the latest industry innovations, all to advance knowledge and patient care, are priorities for ASA. Faced with the current pandemic, and after investigating various options, we have opted for an all-virtual format as it enables us to successfully bring the anesthesiology community together to share research, network, and discuss the latest findings in the specialty.
5. When does registration open?
Registration will open in late July. Sign up to be notified.
6. How will the educational presentations and posters work online?
The virtual platform will allow attendees to easily navigate hundreds of educational sessions and thousands of e-posters online.
7. What if I can’t attend a few sessions I planned on?
Your registration includes 12 months of access to the annual meeting recordings. However, credit must be claimed by December 31, 2020.
8. I always enjoy walking the exhibit hall. How can I interact with corporate partners?
There are numerous ways you can engage with corporate partners and consume cutting-edge resources and education within the virtual platform. Opportunities include:
- Sunrise Sessions: Kick off each day by learning about new concepts, innovations, and improvements to patient care at these non-CME educational sessions.
- Exhibitor Showcase Sessions: Explore the latest industry innovation and experience new technology at these mid-day product demonstrations.
- Afternoon Networking: Your opportunity for one-on-one industry discussions.
- “TableTalk” Networking: Join a topic-specific table based on your area of interest.
9. Will there be a mobile app?
There will not be a mobile app. Attendees can view sessions using the mobile friendly virtual platform, Intrado.
10. How much will registration cost and what will be included with my registration?
This year’s registration allows you to earn up to 27 CME credits and enjoy 12 months of access to the annual meeting recordings—an incredible value! It’s all about flexibility this year and we’ve made it convenient for you to participate in the program as your schedule permits while ensuring you won’t miss out.
- Member: $99
- Member Resident: Free!
- Member Student: Free!
- Member Retired: Free!
- Non-member $399
Your registration includes:
- Full access to the entire program over October 2-5, 2020
- Access to all live social events and AI-powered networking opportunities
- Access to every session and all materials from the meeting for 12 months so you can refresh your learning and watch a lecture you might have missed
View more registration information.
11. I want to take advantage of the low member registration rates, but I’m not sure if my membership is up to date?
You can call the ASA membership department and speak with a member services representative at 630-912-2552 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. How many CME credits can I receive for attending the meeting and how will I obtain my CME certificate?
Attendees can earn up to 27.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credits must be claimed by December 31, 2020. Check back for more information about how to obtain your CME certificate.
View the full ACCME Accreditation Statement.
13. Will there be a virtual 5K Run/Walk?
Yes. Meeting attendees will be able to participate in the Hope for the Warriors 5k and post their results to the virtual platform. Check back for more information and the link to register.
14. Will the House of Delegates be meeting during ANESTHESIOLOGY 2020?
Yes. The House of Delegates meeting will be taking place this year in a virtual environment. Check back for more information.