Acceptance of Advertising
- Acceptance of all advertising is subject to review and approval by ASA.
- Ads that have not previously appeared in ASAP must be submitted for approval at least one day prior to the ad space closing. In light of the great effort a company may undertake in developing advertising campaigns, advertisers are encouraged to forward proposed advertisements in rough form.
- Promotion of products, meetings, and services that compete directly with those offered by ASA and its affiliates is generally prohibited.
- Membership solicitation by organizations other than ASA is prohibited. Fundraising by organizations or individuals other than ASA is strictly prohibited.
- The ASA reserves the right to decline advertising for any educational course, meeting or related event if the advertised event falls 90 days before or after an event held by ASA.
- An advertisement for an educational course that does not compete with an ASA educational meeting or course will be eligible for consideration.
- Advertisements containing testimonials or those that quote the names, statements, or writings of any individual, public official, government agency, testing group or other organization must be accompanied by a written consent for use from the quoted individual entity.
- The use of the ASA name, seal, and/or logo is prohibited without ASA’s prior written approval.
- The fact that an advertisement for a product, service or company has appeared in an ASA publication shall not be referred to in collateral advertising. Use of the ASA name, seal, and/or logo is prohibited without ASA’s prior written approval.
- Advertisers may cite in footnotes references from scientific literature, provided the reference is truthful and is a fair representation of the body of literature supporting the claim made.
- All claims of fact must be fully supportable and should be meaningful in terms of performance or any other benefit. Advertisers should avoid the use of claims whose validity depends upon extremely fine interpretations of meaning. This does not exclude the use of normal qualifiers, such as footnotes, which may be necessary to render a claim true.
- Complete scientific and technical data, whether published or unpublished, concerning the product or services safety, operation and usefulness may be required. Samples of the products are not to be submitted.
- The inclusion of an advertisement in ASAP is not to be construed or publicized as an endorsement or approval by ASA, nor may the advertiser promote that its advertising claims are approved or endorsed by ASA.
- Artwork, format, and layout should be such as to avoid confusion with editorial content of the publication. ASA reserves the right to insert the word “Advertisement” above or below any copy to avoid confusion.
- ASA reserves the right to reject requests for advertisements, or not to renew previously approved
advertisements, at any time for any reason or no reason at all, including without limitation any advertisement that ASA determines could adversely affect the good will or reputation of ASA or its affiliates.
- Advertisements that conflict or have the appearance of conflicting with ASA policy are prohibited.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- ASA assumes no liability for error or omissions in key numbers.
ASA advertising information is available here.
- Unless ad materials, an insertion order or written instructions clearly stating which advertisement should run are received by the ad materials closing date for ads under contract, the previously run advertisement will be repeated. If no prior advertisement is available, ASA will run a house advertisement and advertiser will be responsible for the cost of your original insertion order.
- Advertisers will be short rated if, within a 12-month period from the date of the first insertion, they do not use the amount of space upon which their billing has been based.
- ASA reserves the right to change its advertising policies at any time.
Limitations of Liability
- The advertiser agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ASA for all damages, costs, expenses of any nature including court costs and legal fees, for which ASA may become liable by reason of its publication of the advertiser’s advertisement including without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of right of privacy, copyright infringements, or plagiarism.
- ASA is not responsible for incorrect ad materials run when ad materials or instructions are not received
on the ad material deadline.
- ASA will endeavor to publish advertisements promptly and accurately. ASA assumes no responsibility to verify statements contained in an advertisement. Any inadvertent errors by ASA will be corrected promptly upon discovery, without additional charge, and such obligation to correct shall constitute the sole liability of ASA.
- ASA does not make corrections to ad artwork. All ad artwork must be submitted in final format. ASA shall not be held responsible for incorrect ad sizes or incorrect copy in artwork that is submitted or picked up from a previous Publisher or outside organizations’ publication.
- ASA shall not be responsible for the final reproductive quality of any materials provided that do not meet the defined specifications of the publication.
- ASA shall not be responsible for printer’s or clerical errors, nor will any credits be given for advertising
errors not reported after the first issue in which the ad is published.
- All efforts are made to preserve advertising materials in their original condition. However, the ASA is not responsible for lost or damaged advertising materials after production.
- ASA is not responsible for ad placements near competing products unless an agreement has been made in writing between ASA and advertiser prior. ASA shall not be bound by any condition appearing on insertion orders/contracts or copy instructions submitted by or on behalf of the advertiser, when such condition conflicts with any provision in the rate card or with ASA’s policy.
- ASA reserves the right to hold advertiser and/or its agency jointly and separately liable for such monies as are due and payable to ASA.
Interpretation and Application of Advertising Policies
All matters and questions not specifically covered are subject to the final decision of the editorial staff of ASA.
Specific actions may be taken by the ASA for violation of any provision of these guidelines. The action taken will be determined on the basis for the particular circumstances of the violation, but in cases involving major violations, may include legal action.
Net amounts are due thirty (30) days after publication date. In the event Advertiser fails to make payment, ASA will discontinue all advertising from the Advertiser until payment is received in full. This suspension of advertising does not relieve the Advertiser of its contractual obligations under this contract. A completed and duly signed Agreement guarantees advertising rates for the period. . By entering into this Agreement, advertisers assure that they have the right to contractually bind the company being represented and in the event of default of payment or cancellation, both the advertiser and/or the company represented are held liable for the obligations of this Agreement.
ASA reserves the right to cancel this Agreement without cause at anytime in its sole discretion for any reason, including, but not limited to, breach of Agreement by the Advertiser. The Advertiser may cancel or change an insertion within this Agreement by providing notice in writing to ASA on or prior to the ad space closing deadline. Any insertions cancelled after the ad space closing deadline will incur the full cost of the insertion. In instances of cancellation after the ad space closing deadline, the ASA reserves the right to resell the ad space. The Advertiser is not relieved of any obligations made in the Agreement should the ASA resell the ad space.
This Agreement is final to the size, shape, color, and placement as set forth above. All changes thereafter must be approved by ASA by the ad space closing deadline and a new Agreement must be signed.
Advertising Material Deadline
All advertising material must be provided in electronic format as outlined in the ASA Advertising Kit with accompanying high resolution proof by the ad materials deadline.
Edits and Corrections
ASA may, at its discretion, require edits or reject any advertisement submitted by the Advertiser that it deems inappropriate or that is inconsistent with ASA’s mission and organizational practice. This Agreement cannot be invalidated for typographical errors, or incorrect insertions in ASA’s publication. The Advertiser shall notify ASA of such errors immediately. Upon notification, errors will be corrected in the next available placement of the advertisement that is agreed to and made in this Agreement, provided the production timelines allow for the insertion of the corrected ad material. ASA shall not be held liable to the Advertiser for any loss that results from the incorrect publication of the Advertiser’s advertisement.
The Publisher shall not be liable for any failure to transmit, publish, or circulate all or any portion of any issue in which an advertisement accepted by ASA is contained if such failure is due to acts of god, strikes, war, accidents, or other circumstances beyond ASA’s control.
Assignment or Transfer
This Agreement may not be assumed or transferred by the Advertiser.
By signing the Agreement, the Advertiser agrees to all conditions stated, as well as the ASA Advertising Kit and Advertising Websites. The Advertiser agrees to pay the full amount for all advertisements indicated above.