Courses to improve delivery of care as a nurse anesthetist
Your patients depend on you for safe, effective care. Ensure you’re up to speed on the latest research and clinical findings in anesthesiology with a variety of offerings. Courses cover material ranging from neuromuscular blockade, to potential drug errors, to cardiac crises. At every stage of your career, ASA is by your side, providing support and resources designed to help you learn, grow and lead. Not a member? Become a part of our 54,000-strong membership.
Explore several offerings for nurse anesthetists
- Gain access to recorded sessions after the annual meeting featuring ASA thought leaders and industry experts.
- Learn which human and environmental factors lead to medication errors, how to identify common errors and consequences, and provide recommendations for improving medication safety in the O.R.
- Understand risk factors, make an appropriate diagnosis and review management considerations of cardiac tamponade in the setting of central venous access with this course.
- Learn how to address the unique aspects of the perioperative/periprocedural setting and make "first response" decisions to cardiac situations in the O.R.
- Participate in case studies, quizzes and exercises all geared toward improving your day-to-day activities and keeping patients safe.
ANESTHESIOLOGY® annual meeting
- Come together with the greatest minds in anesthesiology to learn the latest advances in the specialty and discover new ways to elevate your practice performance.
Complimentary educational courses for nurse anesthetists
- Dive deep into actual applications that can help you better understand how to safely and effectively use and reverse neuromuscular blocking (NMB) agents.
Cases from the Perioperative Surgical Home
- This complimentary course will help you understand PSH models, learn how to identify and implement a Perioperative Surgical Home at your organization and discuss population health.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the importance of blood pressure management on postoperative outcomes.
- Learn how to improve clinician knowledge and competence and have a positive impact on better understanding the mechanism of action during the reversal of neuromuscular blockade.
Share resources for patients: When Seconds Count®
When Seconds Count® is an ASA educational endeavor aimed at increasing public and professional awareness of physician anesthesiologists and their critical role in ensuring patient safety and providing patient-centered, high-quality care.
The When Seconds Count® website offers a wealth of information for patients on these topics:
Preparing for anesthesia and surgery
Risks associated with anesthesia and surgery
Opioids — safe use and alternatives
At every stage of your career, ASA is by your side, providing support and resources designed to help you learn, grow and succeed.
As an ASA member, you can:
- Save with deep discounts on membership dues, conference registration fees and education, including many complimentary CME courses
- Stay on top of emerging knowledge and techniques to help you provide safe, effective care
- Help shape policy through powerful advocacy efforts
- Seek new opportunities through career development resources
Explore the many benefits that membership affords for individual members
and group practices
Become a part of our 54,000-strong membership. Nurse anesthetists pay only $363 for annual membership dues. Join now
“Being a member of ASA allows me greater networking opportunities while allowing me to stay up to date with latest clinical information.”