Until recently, high fidelity, scenario-based simulation training for anesthesiologists was only available in-person at select simulation centers. Now, you can fulfill your ABA MOCA 2.0® Part II and IV requirements anytime from anywhere with Anesthesia SimSTAT―a powerful virtual simulation used to help physicians learn about anesthesia, patient monitoring and managing anesthesia-related emergencies. The simulation features high-fidelity scenarios that will challenge you and enhance your competency in solving anesthesia situations. Gain access to:
- Virtual patients with unique and realistic diseases
- Interactive equipment with live physiological data based on the most common anesthesiology equipment
- Comprehensive performance tracking that provides useful feedback on strengths and areas for improvement
ASA and CAE Healthcare bring simulation to you with Anesthesia SimSTAT! For the first time, practicing physicians will experience engaging, high-fidelity scenarios in a virtual environment. These scenarios enhance competency in solving anesthesia emergencies while fulfilling continuing medical education and MOCA 2.0® Part II and IV requirements.
Anesthesia SimSTAT offers five screen-based scenarios that are based on real patient encounters. The modules feature 3D graphics and interactive methods. The system utilizes a game-based approach that allows the user to practice and perfect his or her skill in varied settings.
Want to try Anesthesia SimSTAT before purchasing?
Get a sneak peak with the Interactive Orientation and Free Play Module.
Try the Demo Module
In addition to realistic 3D graphics, Anesthesia SimSTAT also offers realistic audio for lung and heart sounds, electronic medical records that update as the physician anesthesiologist performs work and fully operational ventilator controls. The user can access any device or object as seamlessly as if he or she was in the room with it by clicking directly on an object. Everything from the IV pumps to the table can be adjusted to aid the user in their goals.
Anesthesia SimSTAT includes:
- Interactive medical equipment: The simulation strives to be as realistic as possible, a goal that is achieved by ensuring that each module is full of interactive anesthesia-related equipment and monitors with waveform tracings and physiologic data.
- Varied environments and five emergency scenarios: Because the goal of simulation is to prepare future physician anesthesiologists for crisis situations, and to help current practitioners remain sharp, one of SimSTAT's core features is its emergency learning module, which is based on real scenarios.
- Dynamic patient physiology: Physiologic data on the vitals monitor and ventilator monitor dynamically reflect the patient’s condition and respond realistically to medications, gasses, and interventions.
- Performance feedback: The system tracks and records user actions, assesses his or her strengths and weaknesses and identifies areas of improvement.
- Objective assessment: The feedback system was developed by clinical educators and offers a universal virtual learning experience.
- Assimilated tutorial and pause feature: During the orientation tutorial, the user will be walked through a brief tutorial designed to familiarize him or her to the environment and controls. While working through the case, users can pause the scenario to reference cognitive aids, take a break, or answer a page.
NEW! Want to learn more about Anesthesia SimSTAT?
Check out the Anesthesia SimSTAT podcast!
Brought to you by:
Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® and MOCA® are registered certification marks of The American Board of Anesthesiology®
This activity contributes to the patient safety CME requirement for Part II: Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment of the American Board of
Anesthesiology’s (ABA) redesigned Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® (MOCA®), known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, for a list of all MOCA 2.0 requirements.
This activity contributes to the Part IV: Improvement in Medical Practice requirement of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s (ABA) redesigned
Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® (MOCA®), known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, for a list of all MOCA 2.0 Part IV requirements and their associated point values.
Accreditation and Designation Statements
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.