Sharpen your skills in anesthesia care and management
Ensure you’re up-to-date on the latest clinical information and have a deep understanding of new technologies that will enable you to make accurate, informed decisions about delivering safe and effective patient care. At every stage of your career, ASA is by your side, providing support and resources designed to help you learn, grow and lead. Not a member? Become a part of our 54,000-strong membership.
Explore our offerings for anesthesiologist assistants
You deserve lifelong learning opportunities that specifically address the unique practice and competency needs of CAAs. ASA, AAAA and NCCAA worked together – on your behalf – to achieve CAA CME accreditation through the Foundation for Advancement of the Anesthesia Care Team (FAACT) for ASA’s ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting and the CAA edition of online ACE education.
ACE-CAA – Now available!
- Clinically relevant content from ASA’s best-selling ACE program has been carefully selected to represent a wide array of subjects relevant to CAAs, including pediatrics, geriatrics, cardiology, obstetrics, pharmacology and critical care. ACE-CAA will test your knowledge of anesthesia fundamentals with 135 questions, accompanied by concise explanations with an array of helpful images and tables.
- Residency program directors have hand-selected patient safety courses based on content mapped directly to ACGME core requirements and the ABA content outline. Make your transition into practice easier with these complimentary courses available to all ASA student members.
- Anesthesiologist assistant student members must have AA-S listed on their ASA account profile to receive access to the designated complimentary offerings.
- Improve your performance in the management of anesthesia emergencies by receiving feedback and identifying strengths and opportunities for improvement.
NMB Reversal with Sugammadex
- Through an interactive mobile app, Airway Ex, medical professionals will be presented with patients from a variety of different medical histories and will be challenged to use their existing knowledge of NMB reversal agents. By the end of the course, you will be able to explain how to properly administer sugammadex.
- Connect with the greatest minds in anesthesiology to learn the latest advances in the specialty and discover new ways to elevate your practice performance.
- Most products are eligible for continuing medical education for anesthesiologist assistants.
Share resources for patients: When Seconds Count®
When Seconds Count® is an ASA educational endeavor aimed at increasing public and professional awareness of physician anesthesiologists and their critical role in ensuring patient safety and providing patient-centered, high-quality care.
The When Seconds Count® website offers a wealth of information for patients on these topics:
At every stage of your career, ASA is by your side, providing support and resources designed to help you learn, grow and succeed.
As an ASA member, you can:
- Save with deep discounts on membership dues, conference registration fees and education, including many complimentary CME courses
- Stay on top of emerging knowledge and techniques to help you provide safe, effective care
- Help shape policy through powerful advocacy efforts
- Seek new opportunities through career development resources
Explore the many benefits that membership affords for individual members and group practices.
Anesthesiologist assistants pay only $216 for annual membership dues. Join now.
“ASA membership allows me to stay informed on current research and issues facing the profession, connect with professionals in other practices, and support on-going legislative efforts through donation and advocacy.”
These activities have been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the Joint Providership of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Foundation for Advancement of the Anesthesia Care Team (FAACT). The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians and authorized by FAACT to award continuing medical education for anesthesiologist assistants. CAAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.