ASA Team 535
Ready to take the next step in advocacy?
Want to build a relationship with a Member of Congress and advocate for the specialty?
Help build ASA’s grassroots resources and protect your patients by joining ASA Team 535, the key contact program, and be part of ASA’s effort to ensure strong, enduring relationships with all 535 members of the United States House of Representatives and Senate.
Key Contacts should have a strong, reliable and personal connection with an elected official.
Through the ASA Team 535 program, ASA’s Committee on Governmental Affairs (CGA) will assist ASA members as they grow from physician members into Key Contacts.
Once you’ve become a “Key Contact in Training,” members will be asked to:
- Join the ASA Grassroots Network and its social media channels
- Complete the Advocacy Modules
- Engage in at least one legislative outreach activity each year
- Hold at least one in-person meeting with a member of Congress or their staff
- Conduct a phone call with ASA staff or a CGA member about the program
Once these steps are completed, you’ll be considered a Key Contact and will be asked to nurture this critical relationship and take the lead on legislative efforts involving your elected officials.
Join ASA Team 535 today.
(L to R) Congressman Roger Marshall (R-KS-01) with Kevin Brady, M.D., and Congressman Marc Veasy (D-TX-33) with Tillmann Hein, M.D., Ph.D.