June 07, 2017
Social Security Number Removal Initiative Open Door Forum – June 8
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has provided the following information about an open door forum on Thursday, June 8. An encore event will be held June 12-14.
Please ask your members to participate in this important call tomorrow—CMS will share the latest information about the Social Security Number Removal Initiative.
Social Security Number Initiative Removal Initiative Open Door Forum— June 8
Thursday , June 8 from 2 to 3 pm ET
Beginning in April 2018, CMS will start mailing Medicare cards with new Medicare Beneficiary Identifiers (MBIs) to all people with Medicare. The MBI will replace the Social Security Number-based Health Insurance Claim Number for transactions like billing, eligibility status, and claim status after a transition period. Make sure your systems are ready.
Open Door Forum (ODF) Participation Instructions:
• Conference call only; Dial: 1-800-837-1935 & Reference Conference ID: 49245300
• Please dial-in at least 15 minutes before call start time
• For TTY services, dial 7-1-1 or 800-855-2880
• Encore: 1-855-859-2056; Conference ID: 49245300 available June 12-14
• A podcast will be available on the ODF Podcast Transcripts webpage
Additional ODFs will be scheduled. Visit the SSNRI Provider webpage to learn more about this initiative.