June 11, 2018
ASA Soliciting Comments on Draft Quality Measures
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is seeking comments from ASA members and the public on draft quality measures currently under development. Measures are developed under the direction of the ASA Committee on Performance and Outcomes Measurement (CPOM) by the Core Measure Development Group (CMDG).
The measures available for comment are:
• Avoidance of Cerebral Hyperthermia for Procedures Involving Cardiopulmonary Bypass
• Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Mitigation Strategies
• Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Patient Education
• Neuromuscular Blockade: Documented Assessment of Ability to Use Reversal Agent
• Neuromuscular Blockade: Reversal Administered
• Functional Status Assessment and Goal Setting for Chronic Opioid Users
• Consultation for Frail Patients
The public comment period is open from June 11 – July 10, 2018.
The public comment period is an integral step in the measure development process and is an opportunity for relevant stakeholders to give their input and ensure the measures are meaningful and appropriate indicators of quality and are feasible for individuals and practices to collect.
To review the proposed measures and submit comments please visit the 2018 Public Comment Period on Draft Measures page. For questions, please contact the Department of Quality and Regulatory Affairs (QRA) at email@example.com.