1. Nonaccredited Joint Provider (“Client”) submits Joint Providership Phase I Application and one-time annual Application Fee (Phase I includes planning committee disclosures**, educational design information, e.g., audience, objectives, gaps, competencies, needs assessment, etc.)
2. ASA staff and the Committee on Professional Education Oversight (CPEO) reviews the Phase I Application, considers approval, and notifies Client of decision within 30 days and provides invoice for Service Fee.
3. Client submits signed Joint Providership Phase II Application, Agreement Form, and Service Fees.
4. ASA sends Joint Providership Packet to Client.
5. ASA consults with Joint Provider Client.
6. Client commences preliminary budget, program planning, and activity logistics.
7. Client submits marketing materials for review by ASA PRIOR to dissemination.
8. Optional: Client solicits commercial support if desired, completes and submits LOAs to ASA.
9. Client provides ASA with all faculty/presenter names and emails on provided disclosure spreadsheet and conducts COI Resolution when warranted.
10. ASA continuously reviews disclosures and works with Client to resolve any COIs.
11. Client conducts registration and payment collection.
12. Client and ASA agree on evaluation tool. ASA provides evaluation template for edits or additions. Complex evaluations created by client must provide a link to ASA to post on the ASA LMS. Evaluation tool login must be provided to ASA at least one week prior to activity and give rights to ASA to pull evaluation data post JP meeting.
13. ASA completes course, evaluation, and certificate set-up in learning management system.
14. Client submits attendee registration list to ASA.
15. Client conducts activity.
16. Client submits final attendance form.
17. ASA performs auto-enroll, and attendees claim credit.
1-day post event
18. ASA sends final evaluation results to joint provider.
30 days post event
19. Client performs activity close-out and submits activity closing documents, including final budget.
40 days post event
20. ASA reviews activity file for completeness and sends final invoice to joint provider.
45 days post event
ASA = American Society of Anesthesiologists
SCS = Standards for Commercial SupportTM
COI = conflict of interest
CPEO = Committee on Professional Education Oversight
LOA = letter of agreement
JP = Joint Providership ** Planning Committee disclosures MUST be received and resolved PRIOR to the start of activity planning. Application cannot be approved without these disclosures.