Early Stage Anesthesiology Scholars
Early-Stage Anesthesiology Scholars (eSAS) is an organization that provides an academic home for developing scholars in anesthesiology.
Major objectives and goals of this organization include:
- Serve the interests of early-career academic anesthesiologists, from medical students to junior faculty.
- Provide resources and exposure to topics important to early career academic clinicians.
- Enhance education on research-based anesthesia residency tracks for resident applicants.
- Collaborate with organizations such as:
- ASA (American Society of Anesthesiologists)
- IARS (International Anesthesiology Research Society)
- AUA (Association of University Anesthesiologists)
- FAER (Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research)
- Participate in senior and trustee meetings at supporting organizations in order to provide the perspective of junior faculty when planning annual meetings and new initiatives.
eSAS is truly an organization that is interested in facilitating the development of the next generation of anesthesiology leaders! If you would like to be more involved in eSAS, visit their website for information on how to join.
Anesthesiology Residency Programs & Dedicated Research Tracks:
Medical students interested in pursuing a research career in anesthesiology should pursue an anesthesiology residency program that provides a dedicated research track. Check out the latest updated database of anesthesiology residency programs with dedicated research tracks. For more information, visit the research opportunities page.