Safe Sedation Training - Moderate
Learn how to safely provide patients with moderate levels of sedation
Developed by practicing physician anesthesiologists, Safe Sedation Training for Moderate Sedation (SSTmoderate) is designed to provide convenient and user-friendly moderate sedation training for both beginners and experts. This online course can be completed in five hours or less, and the interactive format provides the most current guidelines for safe sedation at a moderate level, sometimes called “conscious sedation.” The course makes it easy to provide staff with privileging or credentialing opportunities. SSTmoderate will prepare you and your team for potential risks during treatment so you can respond appropriately and quickly manage any problems that may arise.
SSTmoderate is comprised of content designed to advance your knowledge in moderate sedation. Discover how each module will contribute to your overall advancement in moderate sedation:
- Continuum of Sedation
- You will review the four states of sedation, the foundation of moderate sedation and its goals, uses, and limitations.
- Pre-procedure Evaluation and Preparation
- Become educated in pre-procedure patient evaluation, performing physical assessments and sedation equipment preparation.
- Learn which sedation states require rescue and differentiate rescue from resuscitation.
- Respiratory Complications
- Understand how to correct adverse physiologic consequences of deeper-than-intended level of sedation.
- Patient Safety Monitoring
- Become an effective safety advocate for your sedated patient.
- Airway Assessment and Management
- Assess and identify difficult airways in patients, using bag and mask ventilation and airway adjuncts.
- Sedation Pharmacology
- Learn about pharmacologic models and simulation, dose titration, and drug interactions.
- Finally, you will develop a deep understanding of the patient handoff process, monitoring during recovery, and safe discharge practices.
Group discounts available! Interested in purchasing 31+ licenses? Contact Mike Thill at (847) 268-9187 or email@example.com to learn about group discounts.
Bundled pricing available!
Purchase SSTmoderate and SSTdeep Didactics together and receive instant savings! Completion of SSTmoderate within two years is required for access to SSTdeep.
Group discounts are available! Interested in purchasing 31+ licenses? Contact Mike Thill at (847) 268-9187 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about group discounts.
For product related questions, please contact Steven Houg at (847) 268-9271 or email@example.com.