Professional Development: The Practice of Anesthesiology
The biennial Conference took place on December 5-6, 2019 in Schaumburg, Illinois. Attendees gained knowledge and insights into the business and practice of anesthesiology and the forces impacting the changing practice environment for anesthesiologists. While the next Conference isn’t until 2021, ASA offers Custom Education Programming. For more information, or to be notified with the 2021 conference opens for registration, please contact Debbie Greif, Director of Corporate Relations and Business Development, at [email protected].
Who should attend
The conference is designed for sales, marketing, product development, medical affairs, clinical research and related healthcare professionals interested in building their knowledge to remain successful in the field of anesthesiology. Due to the intimate learning style of the conference, registration is limited to 100 attendees.
The transformation of health care dominates the headlines. For physicians, the care team, group practices, administrators and hospitals, the operational business decisions they face daily are daunting. For those who work with anesthesiologists and anesthesiologist groups or departments, understanding the changes and trends confronting them is critical to success.
Through participation in the conference, participants will be able to:
- Compare different models of anesthesiology practice and their ecosystems
- Identify critical, daily patient care decisions that anesthesiologists make across disciplines
- Develop communication strategies to interact with anesthesiologists using customer-focused questions
- Discover the integral role the anesthesiologist plays with other health care delivery professionals
- Gain an understanding of the supply chain process and efforts toward clinical integration
- Create an action plan detailing how you and your resources can best service the anesthesiology community
Conference curriculum and schedule includes:
- Practical tips for working with anesthesiologists
- Interactive presentations that foster active learning
- Round table discussions and small group activities
- Networking opportunities
- Meals and refreshments