Component Recognition Program
The ASA Component Recognition Program was created to recognize excellence, encourage continuous improvement among ASA Components and to ensure alignment with ASA Strategic Objectives. The goals of the Program are to promote and grow member engagement opportunities, recognize innovation, and benchmark successful programs that benefit members through the effective partnering of ASA and the component societies working together to elevate the standards of membership value. The program was developed jointly by Component Relations staff, in partnership with a group of dedicated component society and Committee on Membership volunteers. Questions about the Program can be submitted to the Component Relations Manager.
2021 Component Recognition Program
We are now accepting applications for the 2021 Component Recognition Program! Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. CDT on June 30, 2021.
ASA Component Recognition Program Overview (pdf)
2021 Application for the ASA Component Recognition Program (docx)
*Electronic application coming soon!
2021 ASA Component Recognition Program Scoring Matrix (xlsx) - for reference only
ASA 2021-2023 Key Strategic Initiatives (pdf) - for reference only
Components List (by size breakouts) (xlsx) - for reference only
2020 Component Recognition Program Award Winners
Congratulations to the 2020 Component Recognition & Award Program winners!
- Louisiana Society of Anesthesiologists: Awarded: Medium Component in the “Membership Initiative” category. The LSA Medical Student Committee was created to enhance the membership experience for medical students who are considering entering anesthesiology. Learn more about LSA's awarded program.
- Virginia Society of Anesthesiologists: Awarded: Large Component in the “Advocacy Initiative” category. The Virginia Society advocated to ensure anesthesia funding was included in the increased Medicaid reimbursement rate that was introduced at the 2019 Virginia General Assembly Session. Learn more about VSA's awarded program.
- California Society of Anesthesiologists: Awarded: Very Large Component in the “Innovation Initiative” category. The CSA partnered with Project Lead the Way to encourage the next generation of anesthesiologists by supporting biomedical sciences curriculum at local high schools in California. Learn more about CSA's awarded program.
- Kansas Society of Anesthesiologists: Honorable Mention: Medium Component in the “Innovation Initiative” category. The Kansas Society lead efforts to reduce opioid overdoses in their state by developing posters to encourage patients to dispose of their drugs safely. Learn more about KSA's awarded program.
Included below are those Component Society Recognition and Awards Program submissions that were not awarded for 2020 but were recognized for their contributions to member engagement and continuous improvement efforts.
- Colorado Society of Anesthesiologists: Large Component in the "Membership Initiative" category. Learn more about CSA's program.
- Indiana Society of Anesthesiologists: Large Component in the "Advocacy Initiative" category. Learn more about ISA's program.
- New Jersey State Society of Anesthesiologists: Large Component in the "Leadership Initiative" category. Learn more about NJSSA's program.
- Oregon Society of Anesthesiologists: Large Component in the "Membership Initiative" category. Learn more about OSA's program.