Whether you’re in residency or have been in practice for years, it's always a good time to become a stronger leader.
Develop your skills with the ASA Leadership Academy.
Leadership isn't defined by a role or a rung on the organizational ladder. Leadership is a mindset—one that you can begin to cultivate in training and continue to hone throughout your career.
Created as the result of member input, the ASA Leadership Academy will show you how to:
- Channel your natural leadership talent into meaningful behaviors and actions
- Identify areas in which to step up and elevate your profile
- Recognize opportunities to develop specific skills
- More effectively unify and motivate teams
The Leadership Academy is ideal for:
- Anesthesiologists—residents, early-career physicians, and established physicians even before you have a defined leadership role
- Researchers interested in motivating, guiding, or leading in anesthesiology
- Other health care professionals with an interest in anesthesiology leadership
About the program
The Leadership Academy has been developed in response to feedback by ASA members and leadership programming participants. The content has been crafted with the guidance of subject matter experts within the ASA Committee on Professional Development and industry experts.
Sign up for Modules 1 & 2 now!
About the modules
Module 1 - Leadership Roles within ASA
Free for ASA members
- Understand the value of volunteering and the importance of engaging in the ASA and your specialty
- Get familiar with the ASA mission and organization
- Understand how to navigate a leadership path within the ASA
- Know how to maximize your experience for personal and professional growth
- ASA mission, organizational and governance structures, volunteer engagement
- How to get involved
- How to run an effective meeting
- How to be an effective committee chair
Module 2 - Assessing strengths and creating a personal leadership path
Content free for ASA members; $149 for personal assessment
Non-members; $150 plus $149 personal assessment
Up to 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Complete a personality assessment to guide your pathway
- Develop identified areas for growth and improvement
- Undertake leadership-focused training via video
- Establish a personal improvement plan
- Center for Physician Leadership Excellence Personality Assessment
- Self-guided analysis of your assessment report
- Expanded leadership learning into:
- Advanced human relations skills
- Recognizing and integrating emotional intelligence
- Facilitation and negotiation
- Ethical decision-making
- Giving effective feedback
- Creation of a personal improvement plan based on feedback from your personality assessment
Receive your Certificate of Completion for modules one and two.