March 19, 2014
Important PQRS and EHR Registration and Data Submission Deadlines: March 31 and April 1
March 31, 2014 and April 1, 2014 are important dates for both the Physician Quality Reporting Program (PQRS) and the EHR Meaningful Use Incentive Program. Be aware of these important deadlines!
Upcoming Registration and Data Submission Deadlines
- March 31, 2014 is the last day to submit 2013 PQRS data through the registry reporting method.
- Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs
- Anesthesiologists are automatically exempt from the meaningful use penalties for five years, based on the Provider, Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS) designation. Those with the anesthesiology specialty designation of 05 are automatically exempt. For those few anesthesiologists that may choose to attest to meaningful use March 31, 2014 is an important deadline. This date marks the end of the 3-month reporting period for the first quarter of 2014.
- It is also last day to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for 2013.
- On April 1, 2014 Meaningful Use Eligible Professionals begin 3-month reporting period for the second quarter of 2014.
Further Information on key dates for quality programs can be found at
More information on the hardship exemption for anesthesiologists can be found here.
- ASA Quality and Regulatory Affairs
- CMS QualityNet Help Desk