Created in collaboration with the American Red Cross, Procedural Sedation for Adults and Procedural Sedation for Pediatrics are two courses based on the most current evidence-based practices and incorporating patient safety and regulatory standards. This competency-based education guides clinicians in managing patients prior to, during, and after moderate sedation administration.
In addition, the pediatric course focuses on developmentally appropriate sedation care from infancy through adolescence. Note that highly specialized patient populations such as the premature and newborn are outside of the scope of this course.
Ideal for novice and seasoned clinicians, including non-anesthesiologist physicians, nurses, dentists, and care team members, Procedural Sedation training is:
- Thorough—From pre-sedation assessment to sedation depth, rescue interventions, and discharge criteria, the full continuum of moderate/conscious sedation is included. In addition, the pediatric course examines the anatomic and physiologic differences of infants through adolescents.
- Current—These courses feature the most current science and evidence-based practices consistent with American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and ASA guidelines for safe sedation at a moderate level.
- Compliance-driven—With a strong focus on patient safety and risk mitigation, these courses meet the moderate sedation standards and regulatory requirements as directed by the Joint Commission and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Efficient—For experienced learners, a competency-based assessment allows for course completion in as little as 45 minutes.
- Convenient—Progress can be saved and completed over multiple sessions. Complementary course material is available to support novice learners and remediation needs.
Plus! Additional advantages for institutions and groups
- Standardized—Support consistent learning, privileging, and credentialing for all care team members.
- Streamlined—Monitor progress, track activity completions, and review upcoming expirations via completion status reports.
- Economical—Group packages as low as $65 per participant.
EXPLORE GROUP PURCHASING OPTIONS
Procedural Sedation for Adults
Procedural Sedation for Pediatrics
For product related questions, please email [email protected].