Information for Simulation Centers
ASA is expanding our services to the Endorsed SIM Center Network! We will now be allowing Endorsed Centers to participate in our Joint Providership Program at a special rate. One of the biggest benefits for attendees of the program is that the ASA will automatically report all CME credits and MOCA credits earned to the ABA on their behalf. The pricing structure for Endorsed Sim Centers is as follows:
- $500 application fee paid annually/once a year
- $200 per MOCA Course
If you are interested in participating in our Joint Providership Program or have any questions, contact Jennifer Ham, Simulation Education Specialist at [email protected] or by phone at (847) 268-9194.
ASA Simulation Program Endorsement Application
The purpose of this application is to gather information about your anesthesia-related simulation program. ASA endorsement will be granted to applying programs that demonstrate:
- ASA member value
- Policies and procedures commensurate with high quality educational offerings
- An infrastructure that is consistent with the proposed/described services
- Equipment and space that supports the educational objectives
- An evaluation process for the course, the instructors, and the program
- Policies and procedures to provide ASA members with a confidential and secure environment
- Sound education process for course development and evaluation
- The ability to provide CME
You might find it helpful to use the optional application worksheet (PDF). The worksheet is identical to the online application and allows you to draft your responses offline. Once you are ready to enter your answers online, you can copy and paste them into the text fields on the online application. Completing the worksheet does not complete your application. Only online application submissions will be accepted.
The application fee is $2,500, payable upon submission. Applications will not be reviewed without payment. The application fee may be paid online by credit card or by mail with a check or departmental purchase order. Checks and purchase orders should be mailed to: American Society of Anesthesiologists, Simulation Network Endorsement Program, 1061 American Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4973. The online credit card payment page appears when all sections of the application have been completed and the application has been successfully submitted.
To start an application to become an ASA-endorsed simulation center, access the application portal.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].