ASA/SCA Basic Perioperative TEE Program
The Basic Perioperative TEE program is a collaboration between ASA, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists and iTeachU to deliver a training and accreditation program that complies with the provisions set out by the National Board of Echocardiography (NBE). Learn at your convenience – anytime, anywhere – with this computer-based learning program. This program is ideal for anesthesiologists, emergency medicine, critical care physicians, researchers and other health-care professionals with an interest in anesthesiology and is required for Certification in Basic Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography via the Extended CME Pathway.
"The iTeachU course for basic TEE training is outstanding. The cases are well organized and they lead the learner through a process that really develops proficiency. I am very happy that I chose to utilize this program to further my TEE training." - Basic TEE User
"I finished residency over 15 years ago. This program has been one of the best educational opportunities I had the honor to be a part of since that time. The chapter on hemodynamics is one of the best written chapters I’ve read in quite a long time-succinct, informative and practical.” - Basic TEE User
NEW! Try the Basic Perioperative TEE Micro Program for FREE
Engage in two full tutorials taken from the Basic Perioperative TEE program – learn how to perform a TEE examination and basic hemodynamic state assessment. Additionally, complete five case studies that focus on basic hemodynamic state abnormalities. Take advantage of this exciting free learning opportunity to try the Basic Perioperative TEE program before buying it. Try it now!
Basic Perioperative TEE
- The Basic TEE exam
- Basic hemodynamic state assessment
- Basic assessment of valves and pericardium using 2D and color flow Doppler imaging
- Common artefacts
- Completion of 100 Basic TEE case studies focusing on 2D and color Doppler assessment
What will the Basic Perioperative TEE Program deliver?
- 7 tutorials providing a consistent level of background information
- 100 basic TEE case studies focusing on 2D and color Doppler assessment
- Each case study consists of an assessment in the form of multiple choice questions
- The opportunity to provide feedback for each case study
- Potential to earn up to 100 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for up to 100 hours of work
- Understand the concept and limitations of Basic TEE
- Identify the cognitive skills to learn the use of Basic TEE
- Apply the echocardiography patterns required to interpret ventricular and valvular pathology at a basic level
- Assess knowledge through interpretation of 100 Basic TEE images/cases
- Perform Basic TEE in the perioperative setting
ASA member, Group and Resident discounts available!