Utilize these best-selling products to fulfill CME requirements
Your peers have spoken — these are the courses they find most valuable. Dive into our best-sellers and take advantage of education products backed by our standards for high quality education. At every stage of your career, ASA is by your side, providing support and resources designed to help you learn, grow and lead. Not a member? Become a part of our 53,000-strong membership.
Explore our best-sellers
- Refresh your knowledge of anesthesiology fundamentals and stay informed on changing technology and guidelines. Learn on-the-go with the ACE podcast.
- Stay “in the know” about advances in the specialty, backed by today’s literature and apply them to your daily practice. Learn on-the-go with the SEE podcast.
- Apply patient safety concepts to the practice of anesthesiology by participating in this interactive, online CME course. Patient safety principles are reinforced with anesthesia-specific scenarios and examples.
- Complete all five scenarios to earn 25 points, fulfilling five years of American Board of Anesthesiology MOCA 2.0® Part 2 and 4 requirements.
- Improve your performance in the management of anesthesia emergencies by receiving feedback and identifying strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Three scenarios are currently available (Trauma, Appendectomy and Robotic Surgery) as a bundle, with two additional (Labor and Delivery and PACU) launching in early 2019.
- Complete the three comprehensive SSTdeep components to master the skills needed to keep patients safe while administering sedation. This product was developed based on ASA guidelines and designed for non-anesthesiologist physicians seeking privileges for deep sedation.
- Non-anesthesiologist physicians and care team members will discover critical information and best-practice guidance needed to safely care for patients undergoing routine moderate sedation.
- Secure compliance with the National Board of Echocardiography (NBE) and complete this online training to learn how to perform a TEE examination and a basic hemodynamic state assessment.
Attend renowned events
- Expand your knowledge at the largest anesthesia educational event in the world. Network with 14,000 participants while discovering the latest in academic and scientific research and learn about the latest advances in the specialty.
- Access sessions you may have missed with ANESTHESIOLOGY® Annual Meeting OnDemand.
- Learn how to optimize your practice for success and understand the many intricacies surrounding your day-to-day activities, including: billing and coding, risk management, payment and professional development.
- Gain access to recorded sessions after the conference featuring ASA thought leaders in practice management and industry experts with PRACTICE MANAGEMENT™ OnDemand.
ASA + YOUR EDUCATION
At every stage of your career, ASA is by your side, providing support and resources designed to help you learn, grow and succeed.
As an ASA member, you can:
• Save with deep discounts on membership dues, conference registration fees and education, including many complimentary CME courses
• Stay on top of emerging knowledge and techniques to help you provide safe, effective care
• Help shape policy through powerful advocacy efforts
• Seek new opportunities through career development resources
Explore the many benefits that membership affords for individual members and group practices.
Become a part of our 53,000-strong membership. Join now.
“Being a member of ASA allows me greater networking opportunities while allowing me to stay up to date with latest clinical information.”
MOCA 2.0® is a trademark of The American Board of Anesthesiology®.
“These activities contribute to the patient safety CME requirement for the CME component of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s (ABA) redesigned Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology™ program (MOCA®), known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org, for a list of all MOCA 2.0 requirements.”
The Anesthesia SimSTAT activities contribute to the Quality Improvement component of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s (ABA) redesigned Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology™ program (MOCA®), known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org, for a list of all MOCA 2.0 Quality Improvement requirements and their associated point values.
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
These activities have been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.