Top products for early career physicians
As a physician starting out in practice there’s a lot you’ve experienced and even more to learn. Fast track your success by getting the education and resources you need from the leaders in anesthesia care and practice management. At every stage of your career, ASA is by your side, providing support and resources designed to help you learn, grow and lead. Not a member? Become a part of our 53,000-strong membership.
Explore these curated offerings:
- Consolidate or refinance your federal and private student loans to save money and ease the burden of being in practice.
- Receive job alerts, read articles from experts about career advice, discover professional development resources and find your next career opportunity with the new and improved Anesthesiology Career Center.
- Fulfill continuing medical education requirements by taking advantage of complimentary courses made possible by our industry supporters.
- Stay “in the know” about advances in the specialty, backed by today’s literature and apply them to your daily practice. Learn on-the-go with the SEE podcast.
- Refresh your knowledge of anesthesiology fundamentals and stay informed on changing technology and guidelines. Learn on-the-go with the ACE podcast.
- Learn how to optimize your practice for success and understand the many intricacies surrounding your day-to-day activities, including: billing and coding, risk management, payment and professional development.
- Gain access to recorded sessions after the conference featuring ASA thought leaders in practice management and industry experts with PRACTICE MANAGEMENT™ OnDemand.
- Expand your knowledge at the largest anesthesia educational event in the world. Network with 14,000 participants while discovering the latest in academic and scientific research and learn about the latest advances in the specialty.
- Access sessions you may have missed with ANESTHESIOLOGY® Annual Meeting OnDemand.
- Discover editorials and research in the latest issue of the journal. Hear directly from the editor-in-chief and authors as the provide additional insight about their work.
Expand your knowledge in leadership development:
- Conduct a self-assessment to determine your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Discover where you are on the leadership pathway.
Executive Physician Leadership Program I
September 6 – 8 and December 6 – 8
Recommended for physicians new to leadership and those in mid-level leadership positions. Registration is open now.
Physician Communications Coach
Sign up today for ASA’s new virtual reality learning program, Physician Communications Coach: Conflict Resolution. The Coach helps physician anesthesiologists practice and master soft skills in a controlled VR environment using their computer and webcam. It assesses the verbal and non-verbal cues of the physician during critical conversations, and provides live feedback.
Share resources for patients: When Seconds Count®
When Seconds Count® is an ASA educational endeavor aimed at increasing public and professional awareness of physician anesthesiologists and their critical role in ensuring patient safety and providing patient-centered, high-quality care.
Preparing for anesthesia and surgery
Risks associated with anesthesia and surgery
Opioids — safe use and alternatives
The When Seconds Count® website offers a wealth of information for patients on these topics:
Early in your career, ASA begins opening doors through support and resources specifically designed to help you establish your practice, grow and lead.
As an ASA member, you can:
- Save with deep discounts on breakthrough education and conference registration fees, as well as student loan financing
- Expand your network by connecting with the best minds in the specialty
- Seek new opportunities through career development resources
- Continue to advance your skills through emerging knowledge and techniques
- Help shape policy through powerful advocacy efforts
- Build your practice with the help of proven resources
- Take advantage of leadership development opportunities
Explore the many benefits that membership affords for individual members
and group practices
. If you’re an anesthesiologist in your first year of practice, your annual dues are only $100.
Become a part of our 53,000-strong membership. Join now
“ASA has helped my deeper understandings of the role of the anesthesiologist in healthcare, clinically and in leadership development.”