Module Robotic Surgery
Enhance your skills with virtual training for the management of patients undergoing robotic surgery
Anesthesia SimSTAT is a powerful virtual simulation used to help physicians learn about anesthesia, patient monitoring and managing anesthesia-related emergencies. The simulation features high-fidelity scenarios that will challenge you and enhance your competency in solving anesthesia situations. Anesthesia SimSTAT also allows users to fulfill American Board of Anesthesiology® (ABA) MOCA 2.0® Part 2 and Part 4 requirements. Gain access to:
- Virtual patients with unique and realistic diseases
- Interactive equipment with live physiological data based on the most common anesthesiology equipment
- Comprehensive performance tracking that provides useful feedback on strengths and areas for improvement
Anesthesia SimSTAT offers a module that focuses solely on robotic surgery anesthetic management. Robotic surgery has advanced the health care industry's goals of improving patient outcomes and reducing surgical mortality and morbidity rates. However, it has also created some new complications, many of which physician anesthesiologists have been forced to navigate on their own. This module provides the resources you need to learn about common issues and how to circumvent them in a clinical setting. Discover how to:
- Describe the anticipated concerns associated with robotically-assisted procedures
- Effectively create an appropriate differential diagnosis for the obese patient in the steep Trendelenburg with markedly elevated airway pressures
- Describe the factors that should lead to disengagement of the surgical robot, the steps required, and the common complications associated with use of the surgical robot
- Initiate robot disengagement undocking
- Develop and demonstrate the necessary technical and behavioral skills to manage an intraoperative crisis
Group discounts available! If you represent a large group practice or organization and wish to learn about volume discount pricing, please contact Mike Thill at (847) 268-9187 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Be one of the first to receive news about our innovative learning platform for ongoing professional development by joining our mailing list. Contact email@example.com to join.
Other Anesthesia SimSTAT courses include:
Brought to you by:
Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® and MOCA® are registered certification marks of The American Board of Anesthesiology®
This activity contributes to the patient safety CME requirement for Part 2: Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment of the American Board of
Anesthesiology’s (ABA) redesigned Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® (MOCA®), known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the
ABA website, for a list of all MOCA 2.0 requirements.
This activity contributes to the Part 4: Improvement in Medical Practice requirement of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s (ABA) redesigned
Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® (MOCA®), known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, for a list of all MOCA
2.0 Part 4 requirements and their associated point values.
Accreditation and Designation Statements
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing
medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should
claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.